Monday, December 21, 2015

Monday Musings

Monday Musings #4,

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading, in which book bloggers muse about about something related to books. (Usually.) Rants, raves, random thoughts are all welcome here. I personally will be using Musing Mondays to talk about my other job: being a middle school librarian.


Musing Mondays / School Library Updates

Welcome back to my corner of the world!

So much has changed since I last posted. Yes, I am still the librarian at my school. What is new, is that I am now also a wedding photographer. This is something I've been working SO HARD at, and I am so proud of where I am.


Because of this change in my plans, I was VERY busy this past year. I had 1-2 weddings every week, on top of my other job, and coaching cheerleading. So, as I was afraid of, I cut time by cutting reading.

Like every new year, I am trying to push my reading habits back to where they were, and here I am.

Our book fair, I am proud to say, did the best this year than it has since I've worked here. I believe that is due to the fact that the book I recommend to students this year was The Zodiac, by Stan Lee, AND it was available in paperback, for only $8. As a book lover, I'm surprised when we get the book fair, and they have older titles available only in HC for 12-20 bucks. My middle schoolers don't have a lot of money, and asking parents for $20 for a single book is a hard sell. It was much easier this year to show them a quality book for half the cost as usual.

So, that is my quick and short welcome-back Monday Musings. I've been thinking about posting some wedding photos too, but I don't know if anyone would enjoy that, either. Do you prefer book-specific blogs? Or ones that are a bit more personal? Just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment